Friday, August 17, 2018

A Birthday to Remember

This past week I turned the big "5-0" and it was a week filled with celebration, joy and being spoiled big time by my family and friends.

It started with a country bar, some line dancing and a mean mechanical bull, followed by a weekend away at my girlfriend's trailer and ended with a four-day trip to our nation's capital to visit my scrappy girlfriends. There was fun, laughter, and bonding as well as a few unexpected surprises along the way. It was a week I will cherish forever and I thank everyone who took the time out of their busy lives to make this birthday so special.











I'm not going to lie. I'd been dreading this birthday. I know it's silly but this number scared the crap out of me. It made me think about my past, present and future and wonder how many more good years I have left.

But then I started to change my thinking. I realized that there was no point in dwelling on the past because I can't go back and change it.

And my present may not be exactly where I thought it would be but I've come a long way and have so much to be thankful for.

As for my future, I vow to make the most of the years I have left.  I want random acts of kindness, paying it forward and just being a good human to be a part of my daily mantra. There's still much to learn and more growing to do and I look forward to what the future will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment