Sunday, September 16, 2018

Beautiful Mermaids

Hi folks,

I'm so excited that I finally bit the bullet and subscribed to Simon Says Stamp's monthly card kit! I'd been on the fence about it for so long mainly because I already have two monthly subscriptions from other companies, but I just couldn't hold off any longer. Month after month I've oohed and aahed over their kits and the projects their fabulous designers create with them. I've even bought some of the products separately which is crazy because from a cost perspective you get way better value by subscribing.

I was so excited to receive my first kit recently, called Sea Treasure. Just look at those gorgeous mermaids! 
And here's a card I created with the kit. First, I cut out a panel from Strathmore Watercolour Cold Press Paper. Using a brush I wet the panel with water. Then I watercoloured the blue ocean background using my Artist's Loft watercolour pan set. I added gold paint splatters from the Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Set and used my heat gun to speed up the drying process.

Once the panel was dry, I stamped the seagrass on the ocean floor with the SSS embossing and watermark ink pad (included with the kit). Then I heat embossed it with the SSS ultra fine mermaid embossing powder (also included in the kit). 


I then stamped the mermaid, treasure chest, clamshell and all the sea creatures on some smooth white cardstock and coloured them in with Copic markers. I fussy cut all the images and glued them down to create my scene. I popped up the mermaid with foam adhesive to give the card some dimension.


For the gold coins, I painted them using the Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Set...a trick I had seen Kristina Werner do in this video. I then heat embossed the punny sentiment using Ranger white embossing powder.


I stamped some bubbles and added some gold sequins (included in the kit) and adhered my finished panel to a standard A2 size white card base. And that's my completed card!


I had a lot of fun playing with these stamps and can't wait to create more cards with this gorgeous stamp set! I'm also looking forward to seeing what goodies will be included in their October card kit! I love being surprised! Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment