Thursday, September 20, 2018

Home Is Wherever You Are Layout

Hi folks,

Boy, it's been a while since I've sat down to create a layout. I've been so obsessed with cardmaking lately and buying all the things that I've neglected my first love, scrapbooking.

I'm not exactly sure how I would describe my scrapbooking style. I think I'm more of a classic, clean and simple type of girl. I prefer simple layering and embellishments. Once in a while I'll bust out a cut file to use as a background. I've even dabbled a bit into mixed media. I very much enjoy the creative process and all the latest and greatest techniques, but I prefer the focus of my layouts to be more on my photos and journaling, the rest is just there to complement that. To me, that's the whole point of scrapbooking.

For this layout, I used a Page Maps sketch as a starting off point. This sketch was in the Summer 2018 issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine.


I really liked the clean and simple design of this sketch and as you can tell, I did not stray very far from it at all.


I used patterned papers and embellishments from the Twilight collection by One Canoe Two. The leaves and circle surrounding my title is a cut file by Nicole Nowosad that you can download for free here. I used my Silhouette and cut it out of patterned paper.


I added some machine stitching, gold sequins, and gold splatters to the background. It's hard to see in the photos but I also used a paint brush to add some gold watercolour paint in a few areas, just to break up all that "white". I was a little light handed with the paint. In hindsight, it probably could've used a bit more.


I matted my photos on American Crafts cardstock, printed out my journaling and called it done!


There is something so satisfying about completing a layout. I'm glad I got my scrapbooking mojo back. I just hope it doesn't stay away for too long again.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! :)

2 comments: