Monday, September 03, 2018

Lawn Fawn Double Slider Surprise

Hello friends,

It's a long weekend here in Canada which means more time to play in my craftroom! Today I made a Christmas card for my sponsored child, Hamdiya, who is 11 years old and lives in Ethiopia. I used the brand new Lawn Fawn Double Slider Surprise die which is a fun, creative way to make an interactive card. I hope she has as much fun playing with the card as I did making it!

First, I watched this instructional video by Kelly-Marie Alvarez of Lawn Fawn to learn how to create the double slider mechanism. I mixed and matched a bunch of Lawn Fawn stamp sets to come up with this cute scene. I used Distress Oxide Inks to create my sky background. Once that dried, I stamped the snowy background from the Lawn Fawn Snow Cool set with Versamark Ink and white heat embossed it on all three panels. For the "snow banks", I die cut them from white glitter cardstock from Simon Says Stamp using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders. I used Copic markers to do some basic colouring and added Wink of Stella to add shimmer to the lights and the stars. All the supplies are listed below.









Cardstock:
Neenah Classic Crest 110 lb. Solar White
Lawn Fawn 110 lb. Raspberry
Lawn Fawn Knit Picky
Simon Says Stamp White Glitter Cardstock

Stamps/Dies:
Lawn Fawn Double Slider Surprise
Lawn Fawn Push Here
Lawn Fawn Simply Winter Sentiments
Lawn Fawn Here We Go-a-Waddling
Lawn Fawn Ready, Set, Snow
Lawn Fawn Snow Cool
Lawn Fawn Winter Village
Lawn Fawn Holiday Helpers
Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders

Other:
Distress Oxide Inks Stormy Sky
Distress Oxide Inks Tumbled Glass
Lawn Fawn Lobster Ink
Ranger White Embossing Powder
Wink of Stella Clear
Various Copic Sketch Markers

I hope you liked my card today and that you are able to find time today to be creative! Remember to do what you love and love what you do!

2 comments:

  1. So much detail! You knocked this one out of the park. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

      Delete