Monday, November 26, 2018

Christmas Penguins

Hi folks,

It was a very crafty weekend for me which always makes me happy! I suppose that's one of the reasons (okay the only reason) why I like winter so much. I can literally hole up in my craft room for hours and just do what I love. I managed to create quite a few Christmas cards and I've been having a lot of fun with the creative process.

The card I'm sharing today uses mostly Lawn Fawn products. The stars of the show of course are the adorable little penguins from the Here We Go A-Waddling and Snow Cool stamp sets.

First I chose my patterned papers from the 6x6 Really Rainbow Christmas pad. I used the Reverse Stitched Scalloped Circle Window Dies to cut the opening of my panel. I just love that stitched detail. So pretty!


I also used stamps from Winter Village, Holiday Helpers and Thanks a Latte to create my winter scene. I added Nuvo Glitter Drops to the snowflakes and set them aside to dry. The rest of the images I coloured using Copic markers and then die cut them using the coordinating dies.


To create the snow bank, I die cut one of the Stitched Hillside Border dies from Lawn Fawn out of Simon Says Stamp glitter cardstock. For the sentiment, I die cut the Merry Christmas Line Border die also from SSS glitter cardstock. I then adhered all the die cuts and images onto a snowflake patterned paper from the 6x6 pad and popped up the penguins with foam dots. 


Finally, I adhered the red patterned paper on top of my scene using foam adhesive. I glued down the Merry Christmas sentiment and adhered the entire panel onto a white A2 sized card base. And that's my completed card! I think I'll give this card to my little niece. I know the cute little penguins will put a smile on her face. :) Hope you're all having a great day!

Supplies Used:

Lawn Fawn - Reverse Stitched Scalloped Circle Window
Lawn Fawn - Really Rainbow 6x6 Christmas Pad
Lawn Fawn - Here We Go A-Waddling Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn - Winter Village Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn - Snow Cool Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn - Thanks a Latte Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn - Holiday Helpers Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn - Merry Christmas Line Border
Simon Says Stamp - Glitter Cardstock
Tonic Studios - Nuvo Glitter Drops - Gold Coast 
Lawn Fawn - Glue Tube 

No comments:

Post a Comment