Thursday, November 22, 2018

Mermaid Wishes

Hi folks,

I've been hard at work on my Christmas cards lately but today I took a little break from them to create this card with a scene that reminds me of being on vacation, somewhere with white sandy beaches, turquoise waters and hotter temperatures. I don't know about you but I wasn't ready for this frigid weather we're having. Brrr.

For this card, I used the Simon Says Stamp September card kit called Beautiful Mermaids. First I stamped the images and coloured them in with my Copic markers. Then I cut out a panel from smooth white cardstock and used Distress Oxide inks to create the ocean and sky background. I flicked some water droplets on the background and soaked it up with a paper towel and then set the panel aside to dry.


Next I went to work on creating the "sand". Using a Versamark ink pad, I generously applied ink to a piece of white cardstock. Then I sprinkled Hero Arts Sand Embossing Powder all over the ink and used my heat tool to melt the powder, which created this realistic sandy raised image. So cool! I then die cut that piece using one of the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders and adhered it to my panel.


I white heat embossed a sentiment from the stamp set onto the panel, fussy cut my coloured images and glued those down onto my panel. Next I painted some gold accents onto the coins and the clamshell pearl, and added some highlights using my white gel pen. I then used a Lawn Fawn embossing ink pen to add ink to the mermaid's hair piece and bikini top and then heat embossed clear sparkle embossing glitter by Wow Embossing onto those areas. I then adhered the panel using fun foam to a cardbase called Coastal Cabana by Stampin' Up!. I love how it matches her tail so well. Lastly, I added some iridescent bubbles to finish off the scene.


And that's my completed card! I had so much fun creating this little scene and will definitely be creating more cards with this beautiful stamp set. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a wonderful day! :)

Supplies Used:

Simon Says Stamp - Beautiful Mermaids
Wow - Clear Sparkle Embossing Glitter
Ranger - Embossing Powder White
Hero Arts - Sand Embossing Powder
Zig - Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Set
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Hillside Borders
Lawn Fawn - Embossing Ink Pen
Lawn Fawn - Glue Tube
Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink - Spiced Marmalade
Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink - Worn Lipstick
Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink - Stormy Sky
Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink - Tumbled Glass
Studio Katia - Iridescent Bubbles
Uni-Ball - White Signo Gel Pen
Stampin' Up! - Coastal Cabana Cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment