Friday, November 02, 2018

It's an "Altenew" Day

Hi folks,

Today I'm sharing three cards I made using Altenew products that I've been itching to play with. I discovered Altenew about a year ago and I quickly fell in love with their beautiful layering stamp sets and gorgeous background dies.

The focal point of my cards today is the lovely Rose Flurries 3D Die Set. The set comes with a whopping 27 dies! It contains five multi-layered roses, three leaf clusters and a spray of flowers. Each rose, except for the smallest one, comes with four dies or four layers. That means I needed cardstock in four different colours that were all matchy match. The darkest cardstock being the bottom layer and the lightest cardstock the top layer. I won't lie. It took me a while to die cut all these flowers and leaves (plus I made extras for future cards). But once I had it all figured out and found my groove, it went like the wind. :)

For my first card, I adhered the flowers and leaves to a panel I'd die cut using the Altenew Dotted Scales Debossing Cover Die. The sentiment is from Studio Katia which I heat embossed with white embossing powder on black cardstock.


I mounted the panel onto a A2 sized card base using fun foam, added a few sparkling clear jewels from Pretty Pink Posh, and called this one done.


My next card takes it up a notch. I used three Lawn Fawn inks and the Altenew Watercolor Stripes Stencil to create the background. The colours I used were Sugarplum, Guava and Ballet Slippers. I arranged the flowers and leaf clusters and adhered them to the background.


The sentiment and Thanks is from the Big Thanks stamp and die set from Simon Says Stamp. First, I heat embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder on black cardstock. Then I die cut the Thanks out of SSS glitter cardstock and the shadow die out of dark purple cardstock and adhered the two together. I added some sequins from Studio Katia and mounted the panel onto an A2 sized card base using fun foam for added dimension. And that completes card #2.


For my last card, I adhered the flowers and leaves to a panel I'd die cut using the Altenew Pegboard Canvas Cover Die. I thought about mounting it directly to a white card base for a tone on tone look but I had an extra background that I'd inked up using the same Altenew stencil I used in my second card, and I liked how the green peeked through some of the holes.


The Hello sentiment is a die from Concord & 9th which I die cut twice. Once on black cardstock and once on black fun foam to add dimension. I adhered the two together and added glossy accents for a shiny, raised look. I added a few enamel dots using Nuvo Crystal drops, adhered the panel to an A2 sized card base, and that completes my final card.


It's true that dies can be quite an investment, but a set such as this one is timeless in my opinion. It can be used over and over on many different backgrounds with a variety of different sentiments and different coloured roses and still look fresh and new each and every time.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get crafty this weekend! :)

Supplies Used:

Card #1 - With Sympathy

Altenew - Rose Flurries 3D Die Set
Altenew - Dotted Scales Debossing Cover Die
Simon Says Stamp - Glitter Cardstock
Studio Katia - Japanese Peony Stamp Set (sentiment)
Pretty Pink Posh - Sparkling Clear Jewels
Ranger - White Embossing Powder

Card #2 - Thanks

Altenew - Rose Flurries 3D Die Set
Altenew - Watercolor Stripes Stencil
Lawn Fawn - Sugarplum Ink Pad
Lawn Fawn - Guava Ink Pad
Lawn Fawn - Ballet Slippers Ink Pad
Studio Katia - Pink Winter Fusion Sequins
Simon Says Stamp - Big Thanks Stamp Set
Simon Says Stamp - Big Thanks Die
Simon Says Stamp - Glitter Cardstock
Ranger - White Embossing Powder

Card #3 - Hello

Altenew - Rose Flurries 3D Die Set
Altenew - Watercolor Stripes Stencil
Altenew - Pegboard Canvas Cover Die
Lawn Fawn - Freshly Cut Grass Ink
Lawn Fawn - Jalapeno Ink
Lawn Fawn - Noble Fir Ink
Concord & 9th - Laurel Frame Stamp Set (sentiment)
Tonic Studios - Nuvo Drops - Violet Galaxy
Simon Says Stamp - Glitter Cardstock


No comments:

Post a Comment