Friday, January 11, 2019

Dude Masculine Card

Hi folks,

Today I'm sharing a super quick masculine card I created for one of my daughter's friends who was celebrating his 18th birthday. 

For this card, I started off with an 8.5" x 11" sheet of Lawn Fawn Storm Cloud cardstock, which I trimmed to 4.25" wide x 11" tall and scored in half to make a top folding card.

I then applied my Inkadinkado Embossing Magic Powder Bag to the entire card base to prep it for embossing. I stamped the Simon Says Stamp Diamond Pattern Cling Stamp to the front of the card using Tsukineko Versamark Embossing Ink, and heat embossed it with Ranger Silver Embossing Powder. The silver look reminds me of a steel plate.


I'm a sucker for a nice word die that has a shadow and CZ Design has several that I love. This is the CZ Design Dude Wafer Die. I die-cut the main word with black cardstock and the shadow with white cardstock. I glued the two together and adhered it to the center of the card on an angle using pop-dots to add dimension.


Finally, I heat embossed a sentiment from the My Favorite Things Anything-but-Basic Friendship Stamp Set using Versamark ink and heat embossed with Ranger Black Embossing Powder. I then added foam adhesive to the back and adhered it underneath the "Dude" on an angle.

And that's it! I think this card took all of 20 minutes to complete. Once in a while it's nice to make a card that doesn't require any colouring or a lot of stamping. The "Dude" die is so versatile and can be paired up with lots of different sentiments. I plan to also use it on cards for my girlfriends.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Nailed it! I love this simple and clean look. The "Dude" will love it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pinky! So sweet of you to leave a comment! xo

      Delete