Monday, January 28, 2019

Friend Shaker Card

Hi there!

Today I'm sharing my favourite type of card to create - an encouragement card. Life is hard and everyone has challenges or obstacles they are facing. A handmade card and some simple words of encouragement can go a long way towards putting a smile on one's face and brightening their day!

The card I created features the lovely Anemones Stamp Set and Window Frames Die by Pretty Pink Posh. I stamped the flowers and leaves using Tsukineko Versamark Ink and embossed them using Lawn Fawn Gold Embossing Powder. I then watercoloured the images using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - #042 Turquoise Green and #043 Olive Green and set them aside to dry.

For my background, I used Lawn Fawn Vanilla Malt cardstock. It's very difficult to see in the photos, but I embossed the cardstock with the Stampin' Up! Tufted Dynamic Embossing Folder to give the background a beautiful 3-D impression.


Next, I die cut the window frame, applied Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks to the piece that cut out and adhered it to my A2 sized notecard. I then adhered a piece of acetate to the back of the opening and applied foam tape around it. I dropped in a bunch of sequins from Craft Medley and secured the panel to the notecard.


Next, I adhered the flowers and leaves using Lawn Fawn Glue Tube and 3-D pop dots to the centre flower for added dimension.

I die cut the scripty Friend word from black cardstock using the Friend Duo Die-namics die by My Favorite Things. The smaller sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp You Got This stamp set which I white heat embossed on black cardstock using Ranger White Embossing Powder.


As a finishing touch, I added Ebony Black Nuvo Drops to my flower centers. I just love how the black gives it that elegant look!

And that's my completed card for today. I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial and thank you so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. It’s beautiful T! I may need to frame this vibrant encouraging piece of artwork I am so lucky to receive! Thank you dear ❤️

    ReplyDelete