Wednesday, February 06, 2019

A Sweet Valentine's Day Card

Hi folks!

Valentine's Day is right around the corner and the card I'm sharing today is for my hubby. We don't usually celebrate Valentine's Day, but in April of this year we will be celebrating 30 years of marriage and I think that deserves a card for V Day!

The card I created today features the sweet Thanks a Latte stamp set by Lawn Fawn. First, I cut a 4" x 5.25" panel from 80 lb. Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock. I applied Tim Holtz Picked Raspberry Distress Ink to the 6x6 Lots of Love Stencil by Echo Park using my Picket Fence Studios Life Changing Brushes. I left the bottom portion free of hearts because I wanted an open area to stamp my sentiment. Next, I applied Spun Sugar Distress Ink on top of the stenciled hearts and the rest of my panel to fill in all that white space.


I stamped the images onto the same white cardstock and used the following Copic markers to colour them in:

Mister Mug - BG15, BG18, BG45
Lady Mug - V04, V15, V17
Cocoa/Coffee - E23, E25, E74
Marshmallows and Whipped Cream - W1


Once my images were coloured, I stamped the cute faces on the mugs, die cut all the images using the coordinating dies and adhered them to my panel using glue and 3D foam dots. I added some highlights to the mugs using my white signo gel pen and used my Wink of Stella brush to add some sparkly shine to the marshmallows and whipped cream.

For the sentiment, I used Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed it with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I then mounted the finished panel onto fun foam and adhered it to an A2 sized notecard from Lawn Fawn Mermaid cardstock.


On the inside of my card, I used Lawn Fawn Mermaid Ink to stamp the mug and Momento Tuxedo Black Ink to stamp the sentiment which is from the Lawn Fawn Conversation Heart Add-on stamp set. And that completes my card for today!

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment