Saturday, March 16, 2019

Ninabrook March DT Project

Hi friends!

Today I'm pleased to be sharing a project I created for the Ninabrook Paper Crafting Design Team as their Guest Designer for the month of March.

For my project this month, I decided to create a mini album, filled with waterfalls, flaps and pockets which was inspired by a You Tube tutorial by My Sisters Scrapper. My mini album features the lovely Bo Bunny Sweet Life Bundle from Ninabrook Paper Crafting. With all the lovely florals, butterflies and pretty Spring colours, it was the perfect bundle to create my project with!


I covered the front, back and inside covers with the 6x8 sheets that came with the bundle. I added some homemade flowers and leaves that my mom crocheted for me to the front cover. For the title I used Thickers by American Crafts and for the spine I hot glued some trim by Prima called Parisian Ruffle. The rest of the embellishments are by Jen Hadfield and Heidi Swapp.


Here is what the album looks like when you first open it. There is a metal clip holding the waterfall on the left side. Some flaps, pockets, and another waterfall are on the right side. I kept the embellishing to a minimum as I didn't want to add too much bulk and I felt the patterned papers already added so much interest.


Here's what the waterfall looks like when you remove the clip. I used the 3x4 journaling cards that came with the bundle for each of these flaps and black cardstock for the inside of the flaps. There is room for up to 15 photos just on this side of the album.


Here is a mini booklet in the middle of the album. When you open it there are two mattes in white cardstock for more photos or you can use the pockets as I did here by adding tags and some ephemera. 


To the right are more flaps that will fit up to 6 photos. There is a pocket on the bottom to tuck more photos or ephemera in.

Underneath those flaps, I used the 4x6 journaling cards that came with the bundle to create another waterfall with room for up to 4 more photos. Altogether, you can fit up to 30 photos in this mini album. The album measures 6" wide x 8.25" high. It's small but packs a punch and is perfect for documenting a special occasion all in one cute little mini.


Here is a video that will give you a closer look. If you are interested in creating this file folder mini album for yourself, click here for the link to the video that inspired me.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Remember to check out the Ninabrook shop for this bundle and other bundles they offer at great price points.

Hope you have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment