Monday, March 11, 2019

Cute Chemists Trio Created for Scrapbook Nerd

Hi friends!

Today I'm sharing a trio of cards I created for the Scrapbook Nerd Design Team. The moment My Favorite Things released this Cute Chemists stamp set I just knew I had to add it to my collection! I'm a big fan of their Birdie Brown line of stamps and their adorable, catchy sentiments! I mean how cute is "You Make My Beaker Bubble" lol.


My first card features the charming girl scientist. I actually created this card for my husband for our 30th wedding anniversary next month. One of the things that I love about this stamp set is that it can be adapted for many occasions, not just Valentine's Day.


I used patterned papers by My Favorite Things from their Sweet Stack and Black & White Stripes 6x6 paper pads. All images were stamped with Momento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Neenah Solar White 80 lb cardstock and coloured with Copic Markers. The A2 sized card base is Mermaid cardstock by Lawn Fawn. The sentiment was heat embossed using a Versamark ink pad and Brutus Monroe white alabaster embossing powder and then die cut with Lawn Fawn's Everyday Sentiment Banners. I used 3D foam dots to add dimension to some of the images.


My next card features the beakers and test tubes exploding with love and affection. The white card panel was embossed with the Swiss Hearts embossing folder by Taylored Expressions. Prior to embossing, I inked up the embossing folder (the indented side) with Salty Ocean Distress Ink using a Picket Fence Studio Life Changing Brush.


The patterned paper is from the Sweet Stack 6x6 paper pad. The A2 sized card base is Moonstone cardstock by Lawn Fawn. The sentiment was white heat embossed using Versamark Ink and Brutus Monroe alabaster white embossing powder and then die cut with Lawn Fawn's Everyday Sentiment Banners.


My last card features the wild-haired nerdy boy. Using a Life Changing Brush, I applied Brushed Corduroy, Rusty Hinge and Mustard Seed distress inks in a gradient. These brushes are amazing for creating a smooth blend. I then spritzed some water on the panel and soaked up the excess with a dry paper towel. I then used the Stitched Fireworks dies from Lawn Fawn to add an explosion effect.


I white heat embossed the circles and hearts and then added white paint splatters throughout. The sentiment was white heat embossed using Versamark Ink and Brutus Monroe alabaster white embossing powder and then die cut with Lawn Fawn's Everyday Sentiment Banners. I adhered the panel to an A2 sized white card base.


And those are my completed cards for today. I love how you can create so many different cute scenes with just one stamp set.

Many of the products used on these card projects are available in the Scrapbook Nerd store. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment below.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment