Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Floral Theme Week Cards for Scrapbook Nerd

Hello friends!

I hope you had a good weekend and that you had some crafty time on National Scrapbooking Day! My crafty friends and I rented a cottage in Brighton, ON and enjoyed three wonderful days together chit-chatting and doing what we love. Isn't it cool that we have our own day of recognition? 😄

This week the Scrapbook Nerd Creative Team was asked to create projects with a flower/garden theme. The cards I am sharing today were created using the beautiful Hero Arts Color Layering Poppy stamp set.


This stamp set includes two beautiful poppies where each has four colouring layers. It also includes two different stems and several scripty sentiments.

For my first card, I used the following Lawn Fawn inks; Noble Fir for the stems, Ballet Slippers, Guava and Raspberry for the flowers. Starting with my lightest colour and the most solid stamp, I stamped each flower layer, allowing a minute for each layer to dry in between. Once my first flower was done, I created a mask by stamping the solid stamp onto Inkadinkado Masking Paper and cutting it out by hand. I masked the flower on the left so that the flower on the right would look like it was behind the first flower.


For the centers of the flowers, I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink. To add some sparkle to the center, I used a Lawn Fawn Embossing Ink Pen and heat embossed with Wow Clear Sparkle Embossing Glitter.

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment using Lawn Fawn Gold Embossing Powder. I then adhered the panel onto fun foam and glued it onto Lawn Fawn Raspberry cardstock. Finally, I added some metallic gold jewels from Pretty Pink Posh.


For my second card, I stamped the flowers using Altenew Golden Sunset inks. The stems were stamped with Lawn Fawn Cilantro ink. I white heat embossed a sentiment onto black cardstock and used foam tape to adhere it to the front of the card. I added Studio Katia Marmalade Sequins for the finishing touch.


I mounted the panel onto Gina K Sweet Mango cardstock with foam tape. I then adhered it to My Favorite Things Black & White Striped paper.


And those are my completed card projects for today. I hope you give layering stamps a try. Some layering stamps are tricky to line up, but I found these quite easy. And just look at the realistic results you get!

Remember to stop by the Scrapbook Nerd shop where you can find the Layering Poppy stamp set in stock right now along with most of the products I used to create these two cards.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment