Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Creating a Frame by Masking

Hi friends,

The card I am sharing with you today was inspired by a recent post on the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog where Crystal Thompson created a card with a frame in the middle using a masking technique.

Click here to go to the original blog post and to watch the video.

Here is the card I created using this simple technique.


First, I die cut a frame from the Spellbinders - Labels Eighteen die set out of masking paper by Inkadinkado.

I removed the backing from the masking paper and centered it on a white A2 sized card base.

Next, I stamped and white heat embossed the Flourish Background Stamp by Simon Says Stamp.

Using a Life Changing Brush by Picket Fence Studios, I applied Antique Linen, Bundled Sage and Stormy Sky distress inks.

Once I was happy with my blending, I removed the mask. I now had a nice, white framed area to place my sentiment in.


I die cut the I Adore You die by Simon Says Stamp from Lawn Fawn Chocolate Bar cardstock. I did this three times. I stacked the sentiments by gluing them one on top of the other to give it a raised, dimensional look. I then glued the sentiment in the centre of my frame.

I cut out a second sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strips sheet and popped it up with foam tape overlapping the "y" in "you".


To finish off the card, I added some Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold Jewels.

I hope you give this simple technique a try. Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment