Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Sketch Week with Scrapbook Nerd

Hi friends,

It's sketch week over at Scrapbook Nerd and I was inspired to create the following cards using Concord & 9th and Pinkfresh Studio products.

Here's a look at the sketch:


My first card was so quick and easy to create. Since the sketch calls for a big sentiment, I tried to make that the main focus of this card. 


I started out by trimming a piece of white cardstock to 4" x 5.25". I then stamped the floral from the Concord & 9th Vintage Flower stamp set using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers. I stamped the floral three times, stamping slightly off the sides of the panel.

I then die cut the HUGS letters from the Pinkfresh Studio Adore Alpha Set three times from Lawn Fawn Mermaid cardstock. I adhered the letters together to give it a dimensional look and adhered it to my panel. 


I glued fun foam to the back of the panel and adhered the panel to a piece of Mermaid cardstock sized 4.25" x 5.5". I then adhered the panel to a white A2 sized card base. Some 4mm clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh finishes off the front of the card.

My second card is stepped up a bit with embossing and watercolouring. I stamped the same florals onto Strathmore Cold Press Watercolour Paper, cut down to a 4" x 5.25" panel, using Versamark ink and heat embossed with Hero Arts White Satin Pearl embossing powder. 


I watercoloured the flowers using Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, No. 025 Pink and 047 May Green. I mixed a black marker with a little bit of water and using a brush I flicked paint splatters on the card front (I covered the flowers first).

Next, I die cut the BEAUTIFUL sentiment from Pinkfresh Studio's Classic Words die set onto green cardstock, and two more times onto pink cardstock. I adhered them together just slightly offset so a little pink could peek through. Then I glued it to the front of the panel.


I stamped a sentiment from the Pinkfresh Studio Scripted Bold Sentiments 1 stamp set, and white heat embossed it onto black cardstock and adhered it with 3D foam squares above the die cut word.

I glued fun foam to the back of the panel and adhered the panel to a piece of green cardstock sized 4.25" x 5.5". I then adhered the panel to a white A2 sized card base. I used some Lucy's Cards Mini Mix sequins to finish off the card. 

And that completes my card projects for today. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you give some of these techniques a try. All the products I used today are available in the Scrapbook Nerd shop.

We'd love to see you use our sketch and please share your creations on the Scrapbook Nerd Friends group on Facebook.

Have a wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment