Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Anything-but-Basic Blooms with Scrapbook Nerd

Hello friends!

I hope you're enjoying the last of this beautiful sunshine we're having this week, our final week of summer, before Autumn officially starts on Monday.

I don't know about you but I kind of don't mind that summer is over. This is typically the time of year when I enjoy crafting the most because I have more time for it as well as attending crops and other scrapbooking events.

This week for the Scrapbook Nerd Design Team I was inspired to create floral cards with a stamp set that is new to me by Altenew called Basic Blooms. These gorgeous layering stamps are anything-but-basic! Coupled with Altenew mini cube inks, they are top notch in my humble opinion. But I'll let you be the judge. :)


For the background panel, I used Fog cardstock by Lawn Fawn which I trimmed to 4" x 5.25". I then stamped the panel using the large woodgrain stamp from Altenew's A Walk in the Woods stamp set using Distress Oxide Pumice Stone ink for a tone-on-tone look. Next, I stamped the flowers and leaves using the Altenew mini ink cube sets Cherry Blossom and Tropical Forest, starting with the lightest colour and progressing to the darkest.


I die cut the Frilly Frames die by Altenew out of white cardstock. I arranged the frame, the flowers and leaves and adhered them with liquid glue and foam dots to pop the flowers. For the centers of the flowers, I added Studio Katia Onyx Crystals. The sentiment is from Altenew and it's called One Friend. I heat embossed it using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. The second part of the sentiment is stamped on the inside of the card. I adhered fun foam to the back of the panel and glued it to a white standard A2 sized card base.


My second card uses all the same products and techniques. I did change up the colour of the frilly frame and offset it to the right of the panel.


I also stamped the other flowers that come in this stamp set in Pocketful of Sunshine and Shades of Purple mini ink cubes. The sentiment is from the Mini Hello stamp by Altenew. I mounted this panel using fun foam onto a black A2 sized card base.


For my final card, I added more flowers in a wreath type of style. The frilly frame was die cut out of black card stock this time and the panel was foam mounted onto a Lawn Fawn Cilantro card base. All other techniques and products are the same.


Here's a closer look at the beautiful florals. Don't they look so realistic? Here's a tip for saving time by stamping "production style". When I'm working with a stamp set like this, where there are multiple flowers and layering steps (there are 3 flowers with 4 layers each in this stamp set), I like to use my MISTI stamping tool.

First, I cut out 30 pieces of white cardstock, 2.5" x 2.5" square. Starting with flower #1, I stamp the first layer onto 10 squares, one by one. Then I go back, and stamp the second layer of the same flower onto the same squares I just finished stamping, then the third layer and finally the fourth. Flower #1 is now complete. Then I work on flower #2 and flower #3 in the same manner, until I have 30 flowers, 10 of each type. For me, this is the fastest way to go about it.


Thank you for joining me today. I hope you give layering flowers a try. You can check out the Scrapbook Nerd store for all the supplies I mentioned in this post. I've provided convenient links below:

Basic Blooms Stamp Set
A Walk in the Woods Stamp Set
Frilly Frame Die
One Friend Stamp Set
Mini Hello Stamp Set
Fancy Greetings Stamp Set
Shades of Purple Mini Ink Cubes
Distress Oxide - Pumice Stone
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Clear Embossing Powder

Have a wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment