Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Sketch Week with Scrapbook Nerd

Hello friends,

It's time to share another card project (yes, you read that right, project, not projects). I think this is the first time I'm not sharing more than one card for my weekly Design Team post. My excuse? I've been so busy preparing for Crop & Crop Cornwall this upcoming weekend. Between planning the scrapbooking projects I'm going to work on and trying not to pack the farm, I sadly ran out of time to create more cards. I shall endeavour to do better next week! :) Here's the sketch that I was inspired by this week:

And here is the stamp set I used for my card project. It's the Colour Layering Swallowtail stamp and die set by Hero Arts. The layering stamps are very simple to line up. All you need is three different coloured inks. First you stamp the most solid image in your lightest colour, then the next solid image in a darker colour, then finally the least solid image with your darkest colour. Same with the flower. For the center of the flower, you only need two ink colours. I like to use the Altenew mini ink cube sets because they come with four coordinating colours which makes it so effortless to stamp in layers. 
First, I trimmed a white card panel to 4" x 5.25". I used the Altenew Volcano Lake mini ink pad and the Altenew Broken Chevrons Stencil to ink up the left side of my panel.


I stamped the flowers and butterfly with the following mini ink cube sets by Altenew:
Sea Shore, Shades of Purple, Warm and Cozy and Pocketful of Sunshine. I adhered the orange flowers with liquid glue and popped up the teal flower with foam tape. I also used foam dots on the butterfly to add dimension.


I then embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock using Versamark Ink and Brutus Monroe Alabaster White embossing ink. I die cut the sentiment using the largest die in the Everyday Sentiment Banners die set by Lawn Fawn. I added foam dots and tucked the sentiment slightly underneath the butterfly.


I adhered the panel to some matching Bazzill cardstock that I trimmed to 4.25" x 5.5" and then adhered that to a standard A2 sized white cardbase. I then added some Starry Sky Jewels by Pretty Pink Posh as a finishing touch.


Thank you so much for stopping by! Please shop the products I used in the Scrapbook Nerd online shop. If something is not in stock, they will gladly order it for you!

Also, if you head over to the Scrapbook Nerd Friends group on Facebook, there's a sketch challenge happening right now using this sketch and the matching layout sketch. Winner receives a $25 gift card to shop in the Scrapbook Nerd store. Deadline to share your creations is Sunday, September 29th.

Hope you all have an amazing day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment