Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Joy to the World with Scrapbook Nerd

Hello friends,

Christmas is only one week away and I'm happy to say that all my Christmas cards are finally in the mail! Normally I'm way ahead of the game on shopping, decorating and mailing my cards, but this year Christmas has taken a backburner due to our kitchen renos. I'm thrilled to announce though that the kitchen is finally ready (except the backsplash...minor detail) and I was able to carve out a little time this week to create these simple Christmas cards for the Scrapbook Nerd Design Team.

These cards were created using some new products that just landed in the Scrapbook Nerd shop! I've been a fan and collector for a long time now of Pretty Pink Posh products and I was so happy when Joy (the owner of SN) recently decided to carry their products in her shop. Ironically enough, the name of the stamps and dies that are featured in my cards today is called Joy. ;)


This stamp set is so whimsical and fun and it took very little time to create these cards. I first trimmed some white cardstock to 4" x 5.25" and dry embossed the Whimsical Christmas Stencil by Pretty Pink Posh. This is achieved using a die cutting machine and a rubber embossing pad.


Next I ink blended Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar Distress Oxide inks onto Neenah Solar White cardstock. I used a heat tool to dry the ink blending quicker. I then mixed a little bit of Ranger Perfect Pearls with a drop of water and splattered it over my ink blending.


I then die cut the JOY letters from the ink blended cardstock. I die cut them 3 more times from plain white cardstock and stacked them together for a dimensional look. I stamped a few of the cute images from the stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and embossed them with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder, then coloured them in with Copic markers.


I stamped and white heat embossed the sentiment using Versamark Ink and Brutus Monroe White Alabaster Embossing Powder onto black cardstock. I adhered the sentiment below the JOY letters and added the trees and the Santa hat with foam dots.


For my second card, I stamped the JOY letters with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and used clear embossing powder to heat emboss them. I coloured all the tiny images with Copic markers.


I then dry embossed a white card panel with the Whimsical Christmas stencil and from that I die cut the JOY letters. I added Brutus Monroe foam tape all over the back of my die cut panel, lined it up with the stamped letters and adhered it down.


The sentiment was white heat embossed on black cardstock and added to the right side of the card along with a cute little candy cane from the stamp set. I flicked some more Perfect Pearls on the white background to give it some shimmer.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Don't forget to stop by the Scrapbook Nerd online shop to shop the supplies I used in my cards today. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to leave me a comment below.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday season. Enjoy this special time with your loved ones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment