Wednesday, December 11, 2019

For the Love of Poinsettias with Scrapbook Nerd

Hi friends!

I absolutely adore poinsettias! The white ones are lovely but it's the red ones that capture my heart. Up until recently, I had no idea that this plant had a religious connotation. I know they're popular at Christmas time, but I didn't know that the star-shape leaf pattern is said to represent the Star of Bethlehem and that the red coloured plant symbolizes the blood of Jesus Christ when he was crucified. 


This week my card projects for the Scrapbook Nerd Design Team are centered around this beautiful plant. The five cards I created all feature the gorgeous and realistic looking Paper Layering Poinsettia die set by Hero Arts. Let's take a look at my first card.


The white card panel was trimmed to 4" x 5.25" which I dry embossed using the Hero Arts Poinsettia Stencil. Dry embossing with stencils creates such a lovely, subtle texture to your backgrounds. I then die cut and assembled the pieces of the poinsettia, including a gold glitter center out of Lawn Fawn Sparkle Cardstock (Holiday) and glued it to the center of my card. I die cut the sentiment banner using the Lawn Fawn Fancy Wavy Banners along with a white heat embossed sentiment from their Winter Wavy Sayings stamp set. I adhered it just under the poinsettia. I then adhered the panel to a white A2 sized cardbase.


On this next card, I embossed onto a 4" x 5.50" ivory card panel the Hero Arts Noel Print Cling Stamp using Lawn Fawn Gold Embossing Powder.  I mounted that onto black cardstock and adhered it to a white cardbase.


I arranged the poinsettias diagonally, added a black sentiment banner in the middle and called it done!


This next card uses the same stencil which I dry embossed onto the panel. You can see the raised texture in the close-up photo. I added the poinsettia to the bottom left of the panel along with some pretty gold metallic thread by DMC for some more gold. I can never get enough gold on my Christmas cards!


The sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn How You Bean? Christmas Cookie Add-On stamp set which I white heat embossed onto black cardstock and cut into strips. I then foam mounted the strips onto the card aligned to the right. I added some Pinkfresh Studio jewels as a final touch.


On the following card, I used clear embossing powder with the same Hero Arts cling stamp onto Lawn Fawn Rainforest cardstock. From that panel, I trimmed out the ornament shape using the Poinsettia & Ornament Fancy Die by Hero Arts and set aside the positive piece which I used on my last card. From the same die set, I die cut an ornament from white cardstock. I adhered the Rainforest cardstock to a white A2 sized cardbase.


I then adhered the white ornament to the opening in the middle. I embossed the sentiment in the center of the ornament, added the poinsettia and some jewels from Pinkfresh Studio.


For my final card, I used Gold Mirror Cardstock by Tonic Studios to die cut the ornament and some trim for the sides of the panel. 


I backed the ornament using the positive piece from the previous card's embossed panel so that it could stand out from the rest of the cardstock. I adhered the poinsettias, sentiment and jewels to the card. Lastly, I added gold stretchy craft cord to the top of the ornament.


Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I hope my card projects inspire you to create your own cards using these gorgeous Hero Arts products. They can even be used on scrapbook layouts, mini albums or home decor projects.

Check out the Scrapbook Nerd online shop for the supplies I used in my cards today. 

Hope you're having an awesome day! And stay warm! It's a cold one today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment