Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Ink Blending through Stencils with Scrapbook Nerd

Hi friends!

Today's crafty post features a beautiful stencil by Gina K. Designs called Water Droplets that I recently acquired from the Scrapbook Nerd shop and some gorgeous Distress Oxide colour combos that I used to ink blend. I have two birthdays coming up this week, my husband and my BFF, who both happen to share the same birthday. By keeping the stamping to a minimum, I was able to create these two birthday cards in a jiffy.


For my first card, I started by securing the stencil to a Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb cardstock panel measuring 4" x 5.25". I love this cardstock for ink blending because of how smooth and bright white it is. Using the Picket Fence Studios Life Changing Blender Brushes, I ink blended Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks in Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemonade. With the stencil still on, I spritzed on some Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost by Imagine Crafts. I lifted the stencil away and set the panel aside to dry.


In the meantime, I stamped the bird image from the Gina K. Designs All You Need is Love stamp set and coloured it using my Copic markers. I embossed some glitter on the little heart, using a Lawn Fawn Embossing Ink Pen and Wow Clear Sparkle Embossing Glitter.

I stamped and embossed the "Wishes" from the Gina K. Designs Wishes stamp set and used the coordinating die to die cut it. I die cut another one from black fun foam and stacked the two together to create dimension. On the ink panel, I stamped and heat embossed the rest of the sentiment.


Next, I adhered the bird image with Gina K. Designs Foam Squares and glued the panel onto a black A2 sized card base. I added a few jewels from Pinkfresh Studio Essentials Jewel Mix to finish off this card.


My next card features the exact same techniques but with an extra twist. I started out by masking off a circle in the middle of the card using the Taylored Expressions 6x6 Masking Stencil - Circles. Then I placed the Gina K. Water Droplets Stencil over top of the masked panel. I then proceeded to ink blend through the stencil using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks in Shabby ShuttersPeacock Feathers and Faded Jeans.

Once my panel was dry, I used a Pinkfresh Studio Diagonal Stitched Rectangle die to trim down my card panel and to add the pretty faux stitching.

I stamped and coloured the little bird image and adhered him to the center of the circle. The sentiments were stamped and heat embossed and die cut as before. The panel was adhered to a white A2 sized cardbase and finally a few jewels from PFS were added to finish off this card very nicely.


Thank you so much for stopping by today. As always, the products I used in my card projects are all available from the Scrapbook Nerd online shop.

I hope you give ink blending through stencils a try on your next card project. Stencils are such a great way to jazz up your backgrounds in very little time and at minimal expense. If you have any questions at all, please let me know by commenting below.

Hope you're all having a great day and we'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment