Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Introducing "Manuary" Cards Series

Hello crafty friends!

Happy new year! Hope your holidays were special despite the hardships that many have had to face during this global health crisis. Here's to resilience and strength and the opportunity to rebuild and reset in 2021.

This month I am joining my crafty friend Crystal Komara (@crystalkomara on IG) for a fun month-long series creating masculine themed cards. She has cleverly dubbed this project "Manuary" Cards.

My first project share is this birthday card I created for my dad. I used Neenah 100 lb Smooth Cardstock in Desert Storm to create the A2 sized card base (4.25" x 5.5").


I trimmed down some black cardstock to 4" x 5.25" and adhered it to my cardbase. Then I trimmed a 3.75" x 5" panel from Gina K Designs Blue Denim Cardstock and stamped and heat embossed the Diamond Pattern Cling Stamp by Simon Says Stamp. I used Brutus Monroe Alabaster White Embossing Powder and Versamark Ink. I adhered the panel to the black cardstock.


With the Desert Storm cardstock, I die cut the DAD letters using the Pinkfresh Studio Adore Alpha Set. I cut out each letter four times and stacked them to create dimension. I adhered them to the card front.

Next I stamped the mug image from the Altenew Best Dad stamp set onto white cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black Ink , embossed it with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder and coloured it with Copic markers. 

I fussy cut the image, wrapped some baker's twine around it and looped it through a Simon Says Stamp pre-printed sentiment strip. I adhered the mug and the sentiment using foam tape.

And that completes my first Manuary card! I will be sharing inspiration all month long so be sure to follow me on Instagram @iluv2scrap1 or here on my blog.

You can also find loads of inspiration on Instagram under the hashtag #manuarycards. And please check out my friend Crystal's account as well @crystalkomara. She makes the most beautiful cards!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment