Friday, January 08, 2021

You Amaze Me - Manuary Card Series

Hello crafty friends!

Today I'm back with another card project for the #manuarycards series over on Instagram. This one has an outdoor and woodsy feel to it which reminds me of my son-in-law who loves to hunt. I think I'll save it and send it to him when he catches his first deer. ;)

For the A2 sized cardbase, I used Stormy Sky Cardstock by Gina K Designs. I trimmed some white cardstock to 4" x 5.25" and dry embossed it with my Taylored Expressions Woodgrain Embossing Folder. I cut the circle opening using one of the dies in my Hero Arts Circle Infinity Dies set. I had some red plaid patterned paper leftover from the Simple Stories Plaid Dad collection so I backed it behind the white panel and adhered it to the cardbase.


On another piece of Stormy Sky cardstock, I stamped the woodgrain stamp from the Walk in the Woods Stamp Set by Altenew using Lawn Fawn Hippo ink. From that piece, I die cut the deer head and stamped and white heat embossed the "You Amaze Me" sentiment, both are from the Concord & 9th Floral Print Silhouette Bundle. I trimmed the sentiment strip to 1/4" x 4" and matted it on black card stock and adhered it below the circle. 


I stamped some foliage from the same Concord & 9th stamp set using the Hippo ink and die cut them with the coordinating dies. I also die cut the antlers from holographic cardstock by Tonic Studios called Holo Waves. I popped up the deer head and antlers with foam tape and tucked the foliage behind the head.


And that's my finished card project. I will be sharing more inspiration in the coming weeks on Instagram so be sure to follow me @iluv2scrap1 or here on my blog.

While you're on Instagram, check out the hashtag #manuarycards to see what other card designers are creating for this fun series!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you're having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment