Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Interactive Baby Boy Album

Hello crafty friends!

Hope you're having a wonderful summer so far. :)

Today I'm sharing a scrapbook album I created for my grandson who was born in March of this year. Little Adam came into our lives and stole our hearts irrevocably and unconditionally. Being a grandmother has surpassed all my expectations. I absolutely love my new role and that I have a new little person to scrapbook for.💓

To create this album, I followed a tutorial by Frances Long from Your Book of Memories. Here is the link if you want to check it out: Fall Album by YBM. I did take a few creative liberties with the tutorial. For example, for the cover I used a lay-flat method that I learned from Tamra Merrill of Country Craft Creations. On one of the pages that included belly bands, I incorporated cloud shaped pockets instead and included a cute sliding interactive element. I also changed up the measurements of some of the photo mattes so that I could include more 4" x 6" and 3" x 4" photos without cropping.

I used the Welcome Baby Boy collection by Echo Park Paper for this book. Here are some still photos, but be sure to check out the video at the end of this post for a closer look. 

The album measures 10" wide x 8.5" long with a 2" spine and holds 80+ photos!

I used white textured cardstock to cover the chipboard base of the album and
matted it with navy blue cardstock for a nice contrast.

A cute 4" x 6" cut-apart serves as a holder for the two flaps.

The album includes many photo mattes large enough to fit 4" x 6" photos without cropping.

In Frances' tutorial, this page featured several belly bands but I decided to include some pockets instead with these puffy clouds that I die cut on my Silhouette Cameo. Using the Slide On Over die set by Lawn Fawn, I die cut an opening on the bottom pocket and created a cute slider element. The chipboard sun slides back and forth and spins around too!

This is an envelope that flips up and reveals tons of space for 3" x 4" photos. 
Above the envelope is a large pocket, perfect for documenting baby's milestones.

Instead of magnets, I used a brad and a chipboard element to hold down the flap on this page.
This page includes a pocket on the side with an insert that holds 4 - 4" x 6" photos.

Beautiful patterned papers and more 3" x 4" photo mattes.

This is a fun shaker window that allows you to peek through to the two 3" x 4" photos underneath.

This waterfall holds 10 - 4" x 6" photos. I created a ribbon closure instead of using magnets.

On the back cover is this awesome expandable pocket with an acetate window that allows you to see the memorabilia inside. I included my daughter's ultrasound pictures, the hospital bracelets that her and Adam wore, and a few other keepsakes.


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. If you need more information on how I created this baby boy album, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment