Friday, November 16, 2018

Let the Christmas Card Making Begin

Hi folks,

Every year I tell myself I'm going to start working on my Christmas cards in August. Although my intentions are good, inevitably, it never happens. And today after waking up to our first winter wonderland of the season, I finally realized why this isn't a realistic goal for me. I need to be in the holiday spirit! And seeing everything outside covered in a beautiful blanket of white snow, I was immediately overcome with holiday cheer and wanted to plunge myself into all the Christmas things! After all, who wants to be stuck indoors in their craft room in the summer when it's 30 degrees C outside?!

So today's the day! I've been hard at work on my cards and I'm making good progress. I don't have a number in mind. I just want to keep turning them out until my mojo runs out or I get sick of Christmas. Whichever comes first lol.

The card I'm sharing today was created with the adorable Thanks a Latte stamp set by Lawn Fawn. The background stamp I used is by Simon Says Stamp called Outline Snowflakes. I stamped the SSS stamp on my red panel using Versamark ink and white heat embossed it. Then I stamped the images from the Thanks a Latte set and coloured them using Copic markers. I then cut them out using the coordinating dies.


Next, I trimmed a piece of vellum and wrapped it around the card panel. I adhered the coffee cups with foam dots to the vellum. Then I added Nuvo Glitter Drops to give the card a bit of sparkle. On black cardstock, I white heat embossed a sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Simply Winter Sentiments stamp set, die cut it with a Lawn Fawn banner die and popped it up onto my card with foam dots. I then adhered the entire panel to the white card base.


On the inside of the card, I stamped another sentiment and added a cute candy cane and some marshmallows to the bottom corner.


And that's my completed card! This card came together very quickly and was really fun to create. 


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies Used:

Vellum & White Cardstock from Michaels


No comments:

Post a Comment