Thursday, February 07, 2019

Monster Love Cards Created for Scrapbook Nerd

Hi folks!

I would like to give a huge shout out to Scrapbook Nerd for inviting me to be on their
new cardmaking creative team! I'm so thrilled to be joining this team of very talented designers!

This week the Scrapnook Nerd DT has chosen the theme LOVE for its projects and with that in mind I created two cards using the adorable Monster Love stamp set by Concord & 9th.

First up is a shaker card. I cut a 4" x 5.25" panel out of Neenah 100 lb Smooth Desert Storm cardstock. I dry embossed the Lots of Love 6x6 Stencil by Echo Park onto the panel. It's hard to see in the photos but if you look closely you can make out the raised hearts. I then used the Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Circle Stackables die to cut a circle out of the panel.


Next I stamped the monster and balloon on Neenah 80 lb Solar White cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and heat set it with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured my monster's body with Copic markers BG15 and BG18 and Y32 for his ears. Using my MISTI tool, I stamped the "love you" sentiment in the balloon with Lawn Fawn Lobster Ink, then restamped over top of it with Versamark Ink and then heat set it with clear embossing powder.


I then applied Tim Holtz Evergreen Bough Distress Ink to the circle piece that popped out of the panel and adhered that to a white 4.25" x 5.5" notecard, being careful to position it in the correct spot so the circle on the panel will line up. I then added some Craft Medley red and clear iridescent sequins to the circle.

Using double sided tape, I adhered clear acetate to the back of the circle on my panel. Next, I added 3D foam strips to the back of the panel and carefully adhered it to the notecard. I adhered the monster and the balloon to the panel using my Lawn Fawn Glue Tube and attached red/white twine that I had in my stash from the balloon tip to his hand. On the inside of my card, I stamped the sentiment and a little flower with the Lobster ink.


For my next card, I invited my monster's cute little friend! I love how this stamp set includes different arms you can choose for this monster depending on what action you want him to do. He's so adorable! 

I started out by cutting a 4" x 5.25" panel out of Neenah 80 lb Smooth Solar White cardstock. Using the Watercolour Stripes Stencil by Altenew, I applied Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks in Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves using the Life Changing Brushes by Picket Fence Studios and set it aside to dry.


I stamped and embossed my images in the same method as my first card. I then watercoloured the big monster with the same distress oxide ink colours as the background, and the little monster in  Squeezed Lemonade and Black Soot.


Next I die cut the heart out of Neenah 100 lb Smooth Desert Storm cardstock using the Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Heart Stackables die. I stamped and embossed the greeting on the heart. I also stamped and embossed the "We're the Cutest" sentiment and die cut it with the Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banners die.


I adhered the heart to the panel using my Lawn Fawn Glue Tube, popped up the monsters and the sentiment banner using 3D Foam Squares and adhered those to the panel as well.

I then glued the panel to a standard A2 sized notecard and added a few Studio Katia Onyx Crystals to finish off the card.

I hope you enjoyed this mini-tutorial and that you were inspired in some way to create your own set of Valentine's cards.

All the products mentioned in this blog post are available from the Scrapbook Nerd website. If an item happens to be out of stock, they will be more than happy to order it in for you!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment