Wednesday, February 13, 2019

I Just Adore You Card Created for Scrapbook Nerd

Hi friends!

I'm excited to be back with another card for the Scrapbook Nerd Design Team!

This card features the gorgeous Engraved Flowers Stamp and Die set by Altenew. I have really fallen head over heels for Altenew lately. Their flowers are so beautiful and realistic with so many creative possibilities. My favourite thing to do is to watercolour them with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.


For my A2 sized card base, I used Lawn Fawn Sugarplum cardstock. The panel was trimmed to 4" x 5.25" from Lawn Fawn Woodgrain cardstock. The panel was then adhered to the cardbase with Ranger Multi Medium Matte adhesive.


I stamped the flowers and leaves onto Strathmore Watercolour Paper with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I watercoloured the flower and leaves with the following Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers:

No. 080 - Violet
No. 082 - Purple
No. 046 - Mid Green
No. 043 - Olive Green


Once they were dry, I adhered the flowers and leaves to the panel using the Ranger glue as well as 3D foam dots by 3L Scrapbook Adhesives. I then flicked black paint splatters onto the white panel and adhered 8mm Iridescent White Sequins by Darice. I went over the flower with a Wink of Stella brush to add some glittery shimmer which is difficult to see in the photos but looks so pretty in real life.

I stamped the sentiment onto black cardstock using Versamark ink and heat embossed it with Ranger White Embossing Powder. I cut a little notch out of the end and popped it up on the card with 3D foam dots.


For the inside of the card, I stamped another flower from the Altenew set using Tim Holtz Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink. And that completes my card for today!

Many of the products mentioned in this blog post are available from Scrapbook Nerd. If an item is not in stock, they will be more than happy to order it in for you!

If you have any questions for me, you can comment below or click "Contact Me" on the menu bar at the top of this page.

Hope you are having a wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment