Saturday, February 16, 2019

Life is Beautiful Card Created for Scrapbook Nerd

Happy Saturday folks! And if you're in Canada, happy Family Day long weekend!

This weekend the Scrapbook Nerd Design Team is hosting an online crop on the Scrapbook Nerd Friends Group on Facebook. There are challenges, prizes and fun to be had so head on over there if you can!

It's a closed group but we invite new members to join anytime! Here's the link.

One of the challenges I posted is themed "For the Love of Flowers". The challenge is to create a card with flowers as the focal point. You can use stamps, ephemera, die cuts, anything goes!

I posted a card earlier this week with the Engraved Flowers stamp and die set by Altenew and was so inspired by this gorgeous stamp set that I decided to create another card with it for this challenge.


First, I stamped the flowers and leaves onto Strathmore Watercolour Paper with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with Lawn Fawn Gold Embossing Powder. 


I then watercoloured the images using Mowed Lawn, Barn Door and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Inks. The card panel was dry embossed with the Lots of Love 6x6 Stencil from Echo Park. The sentiment was also gold embossed. The coral cardstock I used for the sentiment and card base is from the Stampin' Up! Tearoom pack. 


I added some gold splatters from the Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Set and finished off the card front with Studio Katia clear drops. On the inside of the card, I stamped another flower using the same Barn Door Distress Oxide Inks.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to see you over on the SN Friends FB page. Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment