Saturday, March 02, 2019

2-For-1 Friendship Cards

Hi friends,

Today's projects are sort of a 2-for-1 deal. I love it when one card sparks an idea for another! Keep reading and you'll see what I mean. :)


To create the background on my first card, I used the Altenew Scallop Builder Stencil. This stencil is really cool because it allows you to ink it up with two different colours just by repositioning the stencil. For my ink colours, I chose Lawn Fawn Ballet Slippers and Mermaid Ink. I just love teal and pink as a combo, don't you? The inks were applied with the Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool.


Next I die cut a heart opening from the panel using the Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Heart Stackables die. Here's where the 2-for-1 deal comes in. I saved the positive piece (the part that popped out) to make my second card.

For the sentiments I used the Simon Says Stamp/CZ Design Bestie stamp set. The sentiment that peeks through the heart was stamped onto Stampin' Up cardstock and heat embossed with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. For the "friend" word, I heat embossed it onto black cardstock using Versamark Ink and Brutus Monroe Alabaster White Embossing Powder. I then cut out the "friend" using the coordinating die.


Next I added 3-D foam tape to the back of the panel and adhered it to my card front. I adhered the "friend" using small pieces of 3-D foam tape except for the letter "f" and "d". I used regular glue on those. As a finishing touch, a few Pretty Pink Posh Blush Jewels were added to the front of the card.

My second card uses all the same products as the first, except my card panel is Woodgrain Cardstock from Lawn Fawn. You can see the texture very nicely in the second photo.


I die cut another heart using the Lawn Fawn Lacy Heart Stackables die set, and adhered the leftover heart from the first card in the middle of the scalloped heart. I then popped up the hearts with 3-D foam dots to add dimension and adhered it to the woodgrain panel.

I added a different sentiment from the Bestie stamp set to the heart and finished off the card with the same jewels from Pretty Pink Posh.


I hope you enjoyed today's cards and that you have a wonderful day!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment