Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Dotted Blooms in 3 Ways for Scrapbook Nerd

Hello friends!

Today's card projects are all about getting the most out of your stamps. Using the beautiful Dotted Blooms stamp set by Altenew, I created three cards in three different ways . Stamps and dies are a big investment so before I purchase them I'm very thoughtful about how much use I will get out of them and how many different ways I can create with it. Floral stamps that come with a variety of sentiments like the Dotted Blooms set fits the bill perfectly!

Die-Cut

My first example is the easiest and most common way to use your stamps/dies. I simply stamped the image and then used the coordinating die to cut it out. I then adhered the image to a card panel and glued the panel onto an A2 sized card base. I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment onto black cardstock and adhered it with foam tape across the flower stem. To finish off the card I added some Blush Jewels from Pretty Pink Posh.



Building a Background

In my next example, I created a background by stamping the floral in multiple areas of my cardstock panel using Lawn Fawn Mermaid ink. I heat embossed a sentiment onto vellum and wrapped the vellum strip around the panel and adhered it to the back. The sentiment is from the Altenew Build-a-Flower: Magnolia stamp set. I glued fun foam onto the back of my panel and adhered it to the A2 sized cardbase. I finished off the card with some pearls which gave this wedding card a classic look.



Set Back Stamping

In my final example, I cut two pieces of cardstock in the same size, a white one and a peach one. Using my MISTI tool, I stamped the floral image in the bottom left corner of the white cardstock first then embossed it in gold. Then, without removing the stamps, I switched out the white cardstock for the peach cardstock and stamped the image in the exact same spot. I then followed the same process again, but this time rotating the cardstock so the image could be stamped in the upper right corner of the card.


I aligned the coordinating dies over the stamped images on the peach cardstock and die-cut them out, which left me with a "window" where the images were. I then added foam tape to the back of it and adhered it over the stamped images on the white cardstock. This technique allows for the stamping to be set back a bit which gives it a really cool look. This video by Jennifer McGuire explains it all perfectly.

Finally, I heat embossed the sentiment, adhered it to the front of my card over a small piece of Altenew gold washi tape. A few white iridescent sequins were added to complete the card.


And that completes my card projects for today. I hope that these techniques will help you stretch your supplies by using them in different ways.

Remember to stop by the Scrapbook Nerd shop where you can find the Dotted Blooms stamp and die set in stock right now.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment