Monday, April 15, 2019

Love You Always & Forever (Emboss Resist w/Distress Oxide)

Hi friends!

Today I'm sharing a simple card that took very little time to create. It features the lovely Simon Says Stamp Pretty Peonies background stamp, CZ Design Love You die, and a simple emboss resist technique using Distress Oxide inks.

I started by cutting a 4" x 5.25" panel from Neenah 80 lb Classic Crest Solar White cardstock. I positioned my background stamp in my MISTI tool, applied an anti-static powder bag to the cardstock panel to remove the static and stamped the background using Versamark ink. I then sprinkled Brutus Monroe Alabaster White embossing powder over the entire panel, shook off the excess, and heat set it with my heat tool.


Next, I went to work on the oxide ink blending. Starting in the upper left corner, I blended Festive Berries using the Picket Fence Studio Life Changing Brush. Then I went in with Worn Lipstick in the middle, using a lighter hand so as to keep it a bit lighter. Lastly I applied Candied Apple to the lower left corner. I went back in again to blend the colours together until there was a seamless blend.

The cool thing about applying ink over top of the embossing, is that the embossing resists the ink. The ink will just sit on top of the embossing. To remove the residual ink, I simply used a paper towel and wiped the panel.


Next, I die cut the Love You die from Simon Says Stamp glitter cardstock and the shadow die from Lawn Fawn Fog cardstock and adhered the two together.

I stamped and heat embossed the "Always & Forever" sentiment from the CZ Design Simple Sentiments No. 2 stamp set onto black cardstock and die cut it using the smallest of my Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banners.

I adhered both pieces to the card panel using my Lawn Fawn Glue Tube. I glued the panel onto an A2 sized card base also from Lawn Fawn Fog cardstock. As a finishing touch, I added some Studio Katia clear drops.


And that's my finished project! I love how quickly this card came together. I hope you give this technique a try. If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment below.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment