Monday, June 03, 2019

All About the Boys with Scrapbook Nerd

Hi friends!

Hope you're all enjoying the nice weather we've been having lately. I don't know about you but I love these temperatures we are having here in Southern Ontario. I'd honestly be fine with Spring all year round!

This week the Scrapbook Nerd Creative Team was asked to create projects with a masculine theme in mind. Since Father's Day is around the corner, I created two cards in the same theme but they couldn't be more different from each other.

My first project is a card I plan to give to my dad on Father's Day. It features the new My Favorite Things All Lined Up Background Cling Stamp. I stamped it on Neenah 100 lb Desert Storm Smooth Cardstock using Antique Linen Distress Ink.


Next, I used one of the Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies to trim the panel and then adhered it to Ground Coffee cardstock by Lawn Fawn.

The stamp set I used is an older one by Altenew called Best Dad. I stamped the images using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and coloured them using Copic markers. All the images shown in the toolbox are individual stamps. Using my exacto knife, I cut a slit in the toolbox and tucked the images inside it. I don't have the dies for this stamp set, so all the images were fussy cut by hand.


I stamped the sentiment onto blue cardstock using Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with Brutus Monroe White Alabaster embossing powder. I cut it into a rectangle and adhered it across the card.

My next card features one of my favourite Lawn Fawn stamp sets called Toadally Awesome as well as the interactive Reveal Wheel die.

To create my scene, I used a Picket Fence Life Changing Brush and blended Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean distress inks for the sky, and Mermaid Lagoon for the pond. I splattered some water on them and blotted it with a paper towel.

Next, I die cut the Lawn Fawn Bayou Backdrop and Grassy Border. I stamped and coloured my images using Copic markers.


I cut out the panel using the Reveal Wheel die and the opening for the sentiments. Using the Reveal Wheel templates as a guide, I stamped the various sentiments from the Reveal Wheel Spring Sentiments stamp set.

I assembled the Reveal Wheel by following the instructions found in this Lawn Fawn tutorial video. I then adhered my stamped images to the front of the card and foam mounted the panel onto one of the patterned papers from the Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow Scallops 6x6 paper pack.


Here's a video showing how the different sentiments are revealed when you turn the wheel.


And those are my completed cards for this week. I really enjoyed this week's theme as it's not often that I create masculine cards and they're so fun to make!

Many of the products I used on my cards today can be found in the Scrapbook Nerd shop.

If you have any questions, please leave me a comment below.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment