Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Sketch Week with Scrapbook Nerd

Hi friends,

It's sketch week over at Scrapbook Nerd and I was inspired to create three cards using Concord & 9th products. I just discovered Concord & 9th earlier this year and I think their products are really unique and innovative (i.e. turnabout stamps). I look forward to adding more to my collection and using them on future projects.

Here is the June sketch:


All three of my cards use the Concord & 9th Gingham Background StampConcord & 9th Floral Print Silhouette Stamp and Floral Print Silhouette Die Set.

I don't know about you but I love gingham! Gingham tablecloths, napkins, dresses, you name it! So I was excited to try this stamp set. This stamp is really neat because you can stamp it two ways; with or without the stitching. I think it looks gorgeous both ways as you will see below.

The Floral Silhouette stamps are a 3-step layering stamp which is fun because you can choose all sorts of colour combos and get a fresh look every time. Here is my first card.


I stamped the gingham with Lawn Fawn Peach Fuzz ink. The florals are stamped with Lawn Fawn Hippo, Fake Tan and Peacock inks.

I white heat embossed the sentiment onto matching blue cardstock using Versamark ink and Brutus Monroe Alabaster White embossing powder and added some Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops in Caribbean Ocean for the finishing touch.


My next card uses Distress Ink Bundled Sage for the gingham background. The florals are stamped with Lawn Fawn Sugar Plum, Lawn Fawn Cilantro and Peeled Paint Distress Inks.


I heat embossed the sentiments using Versafine Onyx Black ink and Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I added Violet Galaxy Nuvo Drops and some green twine to complete the card.


My final card for today uses Lawn Fawn Mermaid ink for the background. I used Lawn Fawn Peacock ink to stamp the stitching. The florals were stamped with Lawn Fawn Peacock, Mermaid and Lobster inks. The house was die cut from the florals.


I white heat embossed the sentiment onto red cardstock, trimmed a little flag on the end and foam mounted it under the house. I added a die cut heart above the chimney and Studio Katia Canadian Rocks jewels.


And those are my completed projects for today. I hope you will be inspired by today's sketch and create your own card using the supplies you own.

If you are interested in any of the products I used today, please visit the Scrapbook Nerd store.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment