Tuesday, July 23, 2019

A Stencil and a Sketch with Scrapbook Nerd

Hi friends!

This week the Scrapbook Nerd Creative Team was asked to create their projects based on a sketch.

I'm a big fan of using sketches especially when I'm short on creative ideas. They provide a great starting off point and allow you to put your own spin on them. Here is the sketch we were given:


For my projects this week, I created two clean and simple cards featuring the Altenew Floral Garden Stencil. I applied Distress Oxide Inks Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn.

This stencil creates a lovely two-toned floral garden. First I applied Tumbled Glass through the top half of the stencil and then Bundled Sage through the bottom. Then I rotated the stencil 180 degrees and repeated, but with the darker colours to create some contrast.


For my first card, I die cut a square from the center of some Lawn Fawn Mermaid cardstock and a larger square from the stenciled panel using Lawn Fawn rectangle dies. I had to improvise a bit because I don't own square dies so I did a partial die cut; a cool technique I learned from Jennifer McGuire. :)


I stamped and white heat embossed the sentiment onto vellum using the Altenew Fancy Greetings stamp set. I adhered the vellum to the back of the panel using double sided adhesive. On a white A2 sized cardbase I applied distress ink to the center area where my square was going to show through. Then I created the shaker portion by adhering foam tape around the opening of the square and the entire panel. I added some Studio Katia Enchanted Sea Fusion sequins and then adhered the panel onto the cardbase. I embellished the front of the card with a few more sequins.


For my second card, I heat embossed the sentiment in black onto vellum. I wrapped the vellum around the leftover stenciled square piece from the first card which I then matted to a square piece of Lawn Fawn Cilantro cardstock.


The white card base was debossed using Altenew's Dotted Swirls Debossing Cover Die. I then adhered the square piece onto the white card base using foam tape for dimension. I added a few Studio Katia Onyx Crystals to finish off the card.


And those are my completed projects. I love clean and simple cards. They're so easy to create and take much less time than a detailed card. And I think the end result is just beautiful.


Thank you for stopping by and feel free to leave me a comment or question below.

And don't forget to stop by the Scrapbook Nerd online store to check out the products I used today. They're having a site-wide summer sale on right now!

Have a wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment