Friday, July 26, 2019

Thinking of You Monochromatic Card

Hi friends!

Today I'm sharing a sympathy card I created in a monochromatic scheme. According to Webster's dictionary, the word "monochrome" is defined as follows:

Definition of monochrome
1of, relating to, or made with a single color or hue
2involving or producing visual images in a single color or in varying tones of a single color (such as gray) monochrome film

I chose Fog cardstock by Simon Says Stamp for my panel. This is a really nice light grey tone which matched perfectly with the Lawn Fawn Storm Cloud card base.


I stamped Simon Says Stamp's Flower Explosion background stamp onto my panel using Simon's watermark ink and heat embossed it with Ranger clear embossing powder for a tone-on-tone look. Next I die-cut a circle opening using one of Lawn Fawn's Outside in Stitched Circle Stackables dies.

Using the panel as a guide, I stamped the "Thinking of You" sentiment in the circle opening on the Storm Cloud cardstock with the watermark ink and heat embossed it with Brutus Monroe Alabaster White embossing powder. The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Moments of Grace stamp set.


I added foam tape to the back of the panel and adhered it to the card base. As a final touch, I added Studio Katia Onyx Crystals to some of the flower centres.

I'm really loving these 6x6 background cling stamps and highly recommend adding a few to your stash for quick and easy cards like this.


On a sad note, I wish I didn't have to send this card out but unfortunately I do. It's going to a family that we've been friends and neighbours with for years who just lost their daughter too soon. Don't forget to hug your loved ones tightly.

Thank you for stopping by today. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment below.

Hope you are having a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment