Thursday, August 08, 2019

"Making a Scene" with Scrapbook Nerd

Hi friends!

Hope you're all having a wonderful summer so far! I've been enjoying some much needed time off with hubby this week on our staycation. I just wish it wasn't going by so fast.

This week the Scrapbook Nerd Creative Team was tasked with creating a build-a-scene card. When it comes to building scenes, my go-to stamp company is Lawn Fawn hands down. Not only do they have the cutest stamp sets, but they have a wide range of stand-alone dies that can help you create an awesome scene in no time.

I have listed all the supplies I used at the bottom of this post with links to the Scrapbook Nerd store, where available.


I started out by sketching on a blank piece of paper what I wanted my scene to look like. I knew my scene was not going to fit a standard A2 sized card, so I designed the card to fit in a #10 envelope. The standard size of a #10 envelope is 4 1/8" high x 9 1/2" long. I cut my card base to 8" high x 9 1/8" long and scored it across the middle at 4". I then folded it over to create a 4" high x 9 1/8" long card.

To create the sky, I applied Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink to the base of my card using a Life Changing Brush, splattered some water on it and absorbed the excess water with a paper towel.


I die cut the grassy hills using the die that came with the Mushroom Border set and applied Mowed Lawn ink to the edges. Then I die cut the fence from woodgrain cardstock and inked it up with Vintage Photo ink. The sign from the Open Me stamp set was stamped onto Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow Scallops paper.


I die cut the trees and the hammock and assembled them. Next, I stamped some of the images from the Oh Gnome! stamp set and coloured them with Copic Markers. I die cut them using the coordinating dies. The clouds were stamped and die cut from the Plane and Simple stamp set.


Lastly, I die cut all the pieces from the Mushroom House die set onto various coloured cardstock and assembled the house. The lantern and pole were also cut from the same set. The clouds, trees, hammock and house were all adhered with foam dots to create a 3D look.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this closer look at how I created this card. It actually came together in less time than I thought it would due to minimal colouring and mostly die cutting. And frankly, when I'm having this much fun, time doesn't really seem to matter as much. :)

Don't forget to stop into the Scrapbook Nerd online store to check out the products I used here today.

Have a wonderful day! :)

Products I used:

Lawn Fawn - Oh Gnome!
Lawn Fawn - Mushroom House
Lawn Fawn - Mushroom Border
Lawn Fawn - Hammock and Trees
Lawn Fawn - Plane and Simple
Lawn Fawn - Open Me
Lawn Fawn - Picket Fence Border
Lawn Fawn - Really Rainbow Scallops paper
Lawn Fawn - Woodgrain Cardstock & Cilantro
American Crafts - Various Textured Cardstock
Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide - Mowed Lawn (for the grass)
Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide - Peeled Paint (for the palm trees)
Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide - Vintage Photo (for the fence)
Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide - Tumbled Glass (for the sky)
Various Copic Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment