Monday, October 14, 2019

Mirror Stamping & More Rainbows with Scrapbook Nerd

Hi friends,

Today I'm excited to share with you a technique called "mirror stamping" that I've been dying to try for quite some time now. I even have a short video tutorial you can watch at the end of this post!

The cards I created today feature products from Lawn Fawn and My Favorite Things and are both rainbow themed.


For my first card, I used the Lawn Fawn Rainbow Die and scraps of different coloured cardstock to die cut the rainbow. My Favorite Things also has a very similar die called Magical Rainbow Die set. I then assembled the rainbow in ROY-G-BIV rainbow order and adhered them to an A2 sized card front. I die cut the clouds from Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow Scallop Paper using Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Border dies. I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink. I adhered them to the card using foam dots.


Next I stamped the unicorn image from the Lawn Fawn stamp set called A Little Sparkle with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed it with Lawn Fawn Clear Embossing Powder. I repeated the same process, but this time for the mirror image using the Backdrop stamp by Neat & Tangled. I did some simple colouring with Copic markers and added some sparkle to their horns using the Lawn Fawn Embossing Pen and Wow Embossing Glitter in Clear Sparkle. I then adhered the unicorns with Gina K Designs foam squares over the clouds. I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment from the My Favorite Things Rainbow Greetings stamp set and stamped some stars from the Unicorn stamp set in the remaining white space.


For my second card, I used the rainbow strips that were leftover from my first card and adhered them together by applying scotch tape on the back. Next I trimmed some white cardstock to 4" x 5.25". I stenciled the stars onto the cardstock using the My Favorite Things Card-Sized Star Confetti stencils and Tim Holtz Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink. I then went back over the stencil with Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste to give it that sparkle and shine.


Once the stars were dry, I adhered the rainbow to the middle of the card using foam dots. I die cut two red hearts using the Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Heart Stackables dies and popped those up over the ends of the rainbow. I then heat embossed a sentiment from the My Favorite Things Rainbow Greetings stamp set using Versamark Ink and Brutus Monroe Alabaster White Embossing Powder onto a blue strip of cardstock and adhered it with foam dots. I adhered the white panel to a blue A2 sized cardbase.


Here's a quick tutorial on Mirror Stamping!


Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and that you give mirror stamping a try. If you don't have a stamp positioning tool like the Misti, you can use an acrylic block. I would recommend watching this Jennifer McGuire video for instructions on how to do that.

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave me a comment below.

Hope you are having a wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment