Friday, October 04, 2019

World Cardmaking Day Rainbow Challenge with Scrapbook Nerd

Hi folks!

Happy World Cardmaking Day! Today I'm up on the Scrapbook Nerd Facebook Friends Group Page with a rainbow card making challenge and a few examples to share with you. Over the summer, I was inspired by all the rainbow cards that were being posted on Instagram. There are many ways you can achieve a rainbow look on your cards and I have lots of examples to show you!

You could cut strips of various patterned paper like I did in the card example below. For this card, I trimmed 1/2" strips of various coloured striped patterns and glued them to the front of an A2 sized white card base in a diagonal fashion in ROYGBIV rainbow order.


The next two cards use single sheets of patterned paper from a 6" x 6" paper pack called Really Rainbow by Lawn Fawn.


You could also get a rainbow look by colouring a stamped image such as the florals above and the candles below. These type of stamps, where the same image is repeated multiple times, is perfect for rainbow colouring!


Another popular way of achieving a rainbow look is by ink blending on a background. Here I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks.


In my next example, I achieved a rainbow look by ink blending through a stencil.


For this next card, I did some very simple watercolouring in five of the rainbow colours.


In my final example, I cross-stitched on a card panel. Such a fun, handmade touch.



I hope you join us over on the Facebook page and give this challenge a try. The Creative Team has posted lots of other fun challenges too and there are prizes up for grabs, so go check it out!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment