Saturday, November 02, 2019

Embossing & Simple Masking Technique

Hi friends,

The two cards I'm sharing today came together in a real jiffy. That's because I let go of the notion that all floral stamps need to be coloured in. You can achieve equally stunning results (and finish a card in no time flat) just by simply embossing and forfeiting the colouring altogether.


I took a 4" x 5.25" white cardstock panel (Nina Solar White) and using Therm-o-web Purple Tape I masked off the area that I wanted to ink blend. For my sympathy card I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink in Peacock Feathers. I then removed the tape and used my heat gun to speed up the drying process since distress oxides take a little while to dry.


Once it was completely dry, I took an anti-static powder bag and applied it all over the panel. This helps to ensure that the embossing powder only sticks to the areas that you want it to. I then stamped the gorgeous floral from the Sketched Flowers stamp set by Simon Says Stamp (SSS) using SSS clear embossing ink and SSS Antique Gold Embossing powder.

The sentiment is from the same stamp set which I embossed with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and Ranger clear embossing powder. I decided not to add any bling to the card since it's a sympathy card and I feel those types of cards should be more subtle and classic looking.


For the birthday card, I followed all the same steps as above. I used Distress Oxide Victorian Velvet ink on this one. The sentiment is from the Daisy Bouquet stamp set by SSS. As a finishing touch, I added some gold pearls from Fun Stampers Journey. The white panels on both my cards were adhered onto an A2 sized cardbase from SSS Fog cardstock using fun foam to add dimension.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you give these simple techniques a try on your next floral card.

Have a wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment