Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Peace, Love & Joy Christmas Cards with Scrapbook Nerd

Hi friends!

I'm back with another card project for Scrapbook Nerd. This week's theme is Christmas and I was only too happy to start making a dent in my Christmas card list.

I have three cards to share with you today featuring beautiful products from the Hero Arts 2019 Winter Catalogue, all created in traditional Christmas colours. I absolutely love the classic look of red, gold and silver for this holiday season.

My first card is a festive shaker card. I trimmed Raspberry cardstock by Lawn Fawn to 4" x 5.25" and ink blended the edges using Fired Brick and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks.

I then die cut the outer ornament shape using the Hero Arts Poinsettia and Ornament Fancy Die from the middle of the red cardstock. Next, I die cut the poinsettia shape from the same die set out of silver glitter cardstock from the Holiday Sparkle Cardstock by Lawn Fawn.


To create the shaker portion, I adhered a clear piece of acetate over the opening on the back of the card. I then added strips of foam tape around the ornament shape so that it could house my sequins. I added more foam tape around the rest of the card. I took an A2 sized white cardbase, dropped some Silver Lining Sequins by Simon Says Stamp in the center and then adhered the card panel on top.


The Peace sentiment is from the Hero Arts Peace, Love & Joy stamp set which I white heat embossed onto vellum using Versamark Ink and Brutus Monroe White Alabaster embossing powder. I then fussy cut the sentiment and adhered it to the center of the ornament. I did the same with the "on Earth" sentiment this time onto plain black cardstock. As a final touch, I adhered some of the same sequins to the front of the card.

For my next card, I cut the card panel out of Lawn Fawn Fog cardstock and then embossed the Hero Arts Noel Print Bold Prints Cling Stamp using Ranger Silver Embossing Powder and Versamark Ink.


I die cut the ornament four times. Once from red sparkle cardstock and three times from plain red cardstock. I adhered them all together to create a dimensional ornament. The sentiments were white heat embossed onto plain black cardstock and popped up with foam dots. I tied a bow out of some Christmas ribbon and adhered it with glue dots to the top of the ornament.


For my last card, I dry embossed the Hero Arts Poinsettia Stencil onto white cardstock using my Big Kick machine and a rubber pad. You can see the pretty texture it creates on the close-up photo below.


The ornament die was cut out of gold sparkle cardstock and the Joy sentiment was white heat embossed onto vellum. I adhered both to the red card base using liquid glue. I added some Metallic Gold Jewels by Pretty Pink Posh for a finishing touch.


And those are my completed card projects for today. All the products I used in this post can be found in the Scrapbook Nerd store.

Thanks for stopping by. As always, if you have any questions, please leave a comment below or feel free to e-mail me.

Hope you're having a wonderful day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for such easy instructions to create these beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure Glenda! Thank you for your kind words! :)

      Delete