Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Quick & Easy Christmas Cards with Scrapbook Nerd

Hi friends!

My Christmas card making mojo is in full swing and I'm taking full advantage of every spare minute I have to create them! I have quite a long list of cards I send out each year and I'm not the mass production/assembly line type of gal. I like to create individual cards for every person on my list. I know...you must be thinking..."Is she crazy?" Why yes. Yes I am lol. I just like sending different cards to each individual. It feels more personal that way.

One thing I do try to do to make the process go faster, is to design a card that isn't very involved. The cards I'm sharing with you today may look like I put a lot of time and effort into them, but the truth is they took me less than 1/2 hour each to create. And that my friends is because there was no stamping whatsoever involved. I only used dies and one stencil. Let me show you how.

The products I used today are the Hero Arts Christmas Message Fancy die, Hero Arts Snowflake Pattern Cover die and Altenew Fine Frames Cover die.





First I die cut the snowflake background out of white textured cardstock. As you can see from the image of the die, it cuts out the snowflakes as one solid piece with a thin frame around it, sized perfectly for an A2 cardbase (4.25" x 5.5"). I decided to cut the snowflakes apart and adhere them along the edges of my card so as to create an open space in the middle for my greeting.


I sprayed the snowflakes with Thermoweb Glitter Dust. This stuff is awesome to add shimmer to paper. A staple in every craft room IMO. The photo above just doesn't do it justice. In real life, it's stunning. I then set them aside to dry. Next, I die cut the sentiment from Tonic Studios Gold Pearl Mirror Cardstock. Another item I recommend for your crafty stash. 



I die cut the Fine Frames from the same gold cardstock. And then I adhered everything down to my white card base using liquid glue. As a finishing touch, I added jewels from Pinkfresh Studio.


For this card, I used the Hero Arts Poinsettia Stencil to dry emboss onto red cardstock. You can see the beautiful texture in the picture below. I can't say enough about the versatility of stencils. They're definitely not just for stenciling!

I did the same die cutting as above, except this time I used silver glitter cardstock I had in my stash. I used some of the leftover snowflakes from the first card and adhered them around my sentiment. Once again, I added some jewels for a final touch.


For my last card, I die cut another Snowflake Pattern from Lawn Fawn Pixie Dust Sparkle Cardstock and decided to leave it as is. I think it's so pretty when it covers the entire background of your cardbase. The card stock I used is Lawn Fawn Rainforest.


I die cut the sentiment out of red cardstock three times and adhered them together to add dimension. Once again, I sprayed it with the Glitter Dust. I adhered it to the center of my card, added a few jewels and called it done!


I hope these quick and easy Christmas cards will inspire you to create your own. All the products I used today are available in the Scrapbook Nerd shop if you are interested in trying them out.

Thank you for stopping by and as always if you have any comments or questions, please leave me a message below.

Hope you are having a wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment