Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Stamp-n-Stencil with Gina K Designs and Scrapbook Nerd

Hi everyone!

Can you believe Christmas is only one month away? I'm finally getting into the holiday spirit despite the fact that we are in the middle of a major kitchen renovation and my house is upside down. To keep from going insane, I've been spending a lot of time in my craft room making cards and getting some online Christmas shopping done. Have I told you how much I despise the malls at this time of year?

Anyhoo, I took a break from making Christmas cards this week because this beautiful stamp set from Gina K Designs was calling my name. Gina K has a few of these Stamp-n-Stencil sets, where you first stamp the image, then you go over it with the coordinating stencil to add texture and sparkle to the flower centers using Nuvo Glimmer Paste and a pallet knife. This one is called Crazy Daisy. The results are so pretty! I loved it so much that I made five cards for the Scrapbook Nerd Design Team this week!


All my cards use Altenew Inks except for the leaves. Those were stamped with Lawn Fawn inks. I have listed all the colours at the end of this blog post.

My first card uses a yellow polka dot patterned paper from the Sunny Studios Polka Dot Parade 6x6 cardstock pack. The black/white patterned paper strip is from My Favorite Things Black & White Stripes 6x6 Paper Pad. And the card base is Neenah Desert Storm cardstock.


My next card is a shaker card. I created the opening using Lawn Fawn's Outside In Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die onto some kraft cardstock. The sentiment is Pinkfresh Studio's Classic Word Dies


I added double sided foam tape around the perimeter of the rectangle, placed some sequins in the middle of a white A2 sized cardbase, and carefully adhered the panel to the card base.


I love shaker cards so I couldn't resist creating another one! This time I created a circle using Lawn Fawn's Outside In Stitched Scalloped Circle Die. The sentiment is also from Pinkfresh Studio's Classic Word Dies


I mounted it to a teal card base in the same way I did the rectangle shaker card. I just love that stitched detail you get from these dies!


On this next card, I inked up the background panel using a Vicki Boutin stencil and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Inks. I applied it with a blender brush by Picket Fence Studios.


The sentiment is from the Gina K stamp set which I heat embossed in black using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and Ranger Clear Embossing Powder.


My final card also features a stenciled background. For this one I used Altenew's Broken Chevron Stencil. I had this panel in my stash of pre-made backgrounds so I can't remember which ink I used.


The sentiment is also from the Gina K Crazy Daisy stamp set which I heat embossed in black.


Ink Colours Used:

Altenew - Pink Flowers - Pinkalicious & Raffleberry
Altenew - Blue Flowers - Aqualicious & Galactic Stream
Altenew - Yellow Flowers - Fresh Lemon & Maple Yellow
Lawn Fawn - Leaves - Noble Fir, Cilantro & Jalapeno

One last thing to note. I stamped all these flowers and leaves onto 110 lb. Neenah Solar White cardstock using my Misti Tool. I then used my Brother Scan-n-Cut machine to cut them all out. This machine was the single best purchase I made this year! It has more than paid for itself based on the amount of dies that I don't have to purchase anymore. I would strongly recommend it if you are an avid cardmaker/stamper like me.

Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave a note in the comments section below or shoot me an e-mail. 

Hope you're having a wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment