Wednesday, January 13, 2021

A Valentine's Day Card - Manuary Card Series

Hi friends!

Today I'm back with another masculine themed card for the "Manuary" card series. This one is all about Valentine's Day. Like most people, when I think of Valentine's Day I think of hearts and flowers (and chocolate!). If the man in your life is not into that, then as a crafter, it can be a bit challenging to create a card especially for him for this particular occasion.

For my card today, I wanted it to be both cutesy and masculine, so I pulled out an older stamp set called Cute Chemists by My Favorite Things, three earth-toned Distress Oxide Inks and some stencils.


On the front of an A2 sized white notecard (4.25" x 5.5"), I secured the 6x6 Rectangles Masking Stencil by Taylored Expressions with some low tack tape. Starting from the bottom, I used the Picket Fence Studios Life Changing Blender Brushes to blend Ground Espresso, Faded Jeans and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Inks, creating a seamless transition between the three colours. 

Once the ink was dry and with the masking stencil still in place, I secured the Small Brick Stencil by My Favorite Things on top of the masking stencil and using a very light hand, I went over the stencil with the Ground Espresso ink to create a subtle brick wall. I then splattered a few water droplets, dabbed them with a paper towel and removed the stencils.


Next, I stamped and heat embossed the hearts from the stamp set onto the center of the card using Versamark Ink and Brutus Monroe Alabaster White Embossing Powder. Then I stamped the girl and boy chemists onto white cardstock and coloured them using Copic markers. I used the matching dies to cut them out and using foam tape I popped them up on the card front.


I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment onto white cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I trimmed out the sentiment using the largest die from the Everyday Sentiment Banners die set by Lawn Fawn and adhered it to the card front using foam dots.


I just love that punny sentiment and even though this card is cutesy and kind of cartoon-ish, I think my husband will appreciate it just the same. :)

For more masculine card inspiration, follow the hashtag #manuarycards on Instagram. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment