Sunday, January 24, 2021

Nautical Themed Cards - Manuary Card Series

Hello crafty friends!

As an ocean/sea lover, today's card projects for the #manuarycards series really speak to my heart. The nautical themed products I used on these cards are by Catherine Pooler Designs. I purchased them back in July of 2019 and finally had a chance to play with them. Some are still available for purchase through their website as well as Scrapbook.com. 


For my first card, I trimmed the anchor's patterned paper from the 6x6 Salt & Seaweed paper pad to 2.5" x 5.5". I adhered it to an A2 sized white notecard about 3/4" from the left. I then trimmed two pieces of white cardstock, 1" x 5.5" and 1.5" x 5.5". 


Using my Misti stamping tool, I stamped a sentiment from the Refuse to Sink stamp set on the 1.5" white cardstock strip with Lawn Fawn Blue Jay ink. I then stamped it once more with Versamark Ink, added Ranger Clear Embossing Powder and then heat set it.


I added foam tape to both strips of white cardstock and adhered the 1" piece flush to the left and the 1.5" was adhered flush to the right.

I stamped various nautical images from the Vitamin Sea stamp set using Lawn Fawn Peacock and Sugar Cookie ink and fussy cut them. I adhered them with foam tape in a zig-zag formation over the patterned paper. Finally, I added some sequins as a finishing touch.


For my next card, I cut two 1" x 5.5" strips of the same anchors patterned paper. I adhered them with liquid glue to a white A2 sized notecard, one on the left side and the other on the right. 

 
I cut a 3" x 5.5" strip of woodgrain paper from the Sunny Studios 6x6 Subtle Grey Tones paper pad and stamped a sentiment from the Hook, Line and Sinker stamp set using Lawn Fawn Blue Jay ink. I then stamped it once more with Versamark Ink, added Ranger Clear Embossing Powder and then heat set it. I added foam tape to the 3" strip and adhered it to the center of the card.


Next, I die cut the Ship's Wheel die from Gina K Designs In the Navy cardstock. Then using the Blue Jay ink, I stamped the "I Love You" sentiment and with Lawn Fawn Forget-me-not ink, I stamped the Anchor image from the Refuse to Sink stamp set. I fussy cut both images and layered them over the ship's wheel using liquid glue and foam tape.


To finish off the card, I added sequins and some hemp cord tied into a bow.

For more masculine themed card inspiration, be sure to check out the #manuarycards hashtag on Instagram.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment