Thursday, August 31, 2023

Boho Baby Hand-Stitched Layout

Hey crafty friends! 

I have a fun project to share with you today. It features hand-stitching which is one of my favourite scrapbooking techniques! It adds beautiful texture and gives your layout a homespun-look.

For this layout, I used a chain-stitch on a cut file by Paige Evans. The cut file is called "Stars for Stitching" which is from her 36 Cut Files for Stitching Bundle which was released earlier this year. I was also lucky enough to be a Guest Designer for Paige and completed two stitched layouts with her stitching cut files. You can find my blog posts with those layouts at the following links: 

Hand-Stitched Rainbows Layout

Hand-Stitched Scallops Layout

The stitching cut file bundle can be purchased here: 

36 Cut Files for Stitching Bundle

You can also purchase it individually in Paige's Shop: 

Stars for Stitching Cut File

I used the Boho Baby Collection by Simple Stories and did some tone-on-tone embellishing using a star-punch and ephemera from the collection.


The layout is documenting the cake smash photo session we had for my grandson Adam for his first birthday. 💙


I used DMC embroidery thread and matched the colours to the SS collection.

Tone-on-tone embellishing

I kept the embellishments to a minimum since I wanted the star of the show to be the hand-stitched stars.


I hope you give hand-stitching on your layouts a try. I admit it is time-consuming but it's a perfect way to occupy my hands and stay crafty while watching my favourite tv shows. And the results are definitely worth it!

Happy crafting! 💙 

No comments:

Post a Comment